Friday, September 17, 2010

Going to San Francisco

Btw - this is just a vid for the song - someone else's vid from youtube ;-)  Sing along time.


I wanted to go to Alcatraz, but it's at least a 4 hour situation and reservations were recommended.  I want to see it, but don't know if I want to spend four hours looking at the place where people were miserable when we don't have much time.  If nothing else it would have been cool to see it since movies have been filmed about it...The Rock - good flick. 

Anywho...we went to two amazing places yesterday.  I mean we're in Silicon Valley - there's not much else to do besides going and annoying the people at big companies.

And by the way - as I see myself in these pictures I am sorely reminded that I am no longer a size 6.  That will be addressed very soon - but one goal at a time.  Once we get back - office clean first, then time for some serious attention to exercise and such. 




Google was massive.  It's like they have a building for everyone.  This was one of the many signs at the google campus.  The cutest part of seeing it was the google colored bikes people were riding.  Most people know by now that Google is one of the best places to work.  I'll find one of the many articles about it and link it here.  Look at this bike - they were all over the place!



As nerdy as they look - I still want one lol.


We did see Microsoft and I know Apple is around here somewhere but those weren't the priorities for the moment.  Google was one and Facebook the other.  That's right..I now have a picture with the Facebook sign for my Facebook profile page.  Giggity.



Yeah I was gonna do something cute here...but people were watching and so I just leaned on the cement - now it looks like I'm using the potty behind the sign or something.  Whatever.  We got the pic - all that matters.



So now we're off to San Francisco in a few hours.  One of my favorite tv shows of all time is The Best Thing I Ever Ate.  I don't know why I torture myself with it because very few things from St. Louis ever end up on that show.  But we are in friggin Cali now and we're gonna have some things. 
Dynamo Donuts...look at the donut menu.  I'm not even a donut fan, but I want to try about every single one of these.  We may be in a sugar coma before we return.

The two I'm definitely going to try:  Chocolate Rose and the Maple Glazed Bacon Apple which was the only one featured on the Food Network.

Other than that - pics of us at the Golden Gate Bridge and I'm hoping in front of a certain house only a geek like me would love - not a techy geek - just a geek...possibly even go as far as saying a dork like me would love...I won't spoil the surprise right now.  Hopefully I'll be writing later tonight or tomorrow morning.  We'll see how the day goes. 

Love & Gratitude,
Erica Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment