Friday, December 17, 2010

Someday One of These Posts Will Be Called: Dreamz....Achieved

Happy Tuesday!  The web address is now hosted!  WOOOOO HOOOO! 

Now hold back some excitement.  I haven't actually put anything on it.  You know how it goes - I'll make that lovely front page with the 'Under Construction' message in some form or another.  And will be working on the rest of the content all secretly.  I have gone through several design ops in my head, but when I actually get to it, it always changes a bit.

My next steps are

(1).  Cleaning out my email accounts so they can all be forwarded to one account smoothly and easily
(2).  Outlining my PHP texts and figuring how what code I need to use to make this vision work.

I realize I have been talking about figuring out this code for a while now.  It isn't the code that is hard to figure out - it's the fact that this is all original IP (intellectual property) from me.  So it's not like I can just use someone's model.  I have to piece this stuff together and I don't know what that is going to entail just yet.  I haven't gotten that far.  But...I seem to be at that point now lol.  No more saying 'I'm gonna'.  It's do or die at this point ;-)

Now as for giving another more revealing hint as to what this site is all about......  The work I am doing currently is about our happiness.  I feel that happiness is as complicated or as simple as we tend to make it at the time.  Will this be a cure all?  A website that will solve all life's complications?  Of course not.  But if it helps point people in the right direction...toward their goals and dreams - then it is life-changing.  It is meaningful.  And as the cliche goes, if it helps one person - then it's all worth it. 

The most I can give right now is that this site addresses every aspect of our happiness by keeping things small, simple, and direct.  At first glance, it may just seem like a web toy.  And it is fun.  It has to be...or you wouldn't be happy using it.
I realize it is still all a bit cryptic, but this is more than I have revealed before and many of my closest friends and relatives still do not know all the details.

I was always scared of starting anything and following through with my many plans and ideas because I knew there just had to be someone out there who either had already done it or would do it better than me.  But this one...well I realized that even though there may be something out there that is similar...no one will do it just like me.  Which is essentially, the only thing that makes us all useful - our differences.

Okay - enough babbling - I have to get back to work.

Love & Gratitude,
Erica Nicole

1 comment:

  1. The problem with everyone is that they always want to try to make people think that they have all of the answers. They often do this by trying to make things complicated. When this is done it quite often ends up getting everyone confused. I have been accused of not answering a person's question when really I do. I just answer it in a way that makes this person think on their own. When a person can think for themselves they have a clearer picture of the entire circumstance. There are always points left out out when a person talks about any subject and all too often the person who tries to tell them all of the answers don't really know all of the details. This makes for an answer that rarely covers "all of the bases" I feel that a person has the ability to think about things but sometimes needs help going over some of the details. Just talking about these details will get them to thinking about the whole picture and if they are allowed to make their own decision they can have a sense of satisfaction knowing that they did accomplish their goal. You can have the satisfaction of knowing that you helped them to see the entire subject and think about the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete