Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kandee's Haters?

Wow - I had no idea the war that rages on concerning Kandee Johnson, but thought I should address it since I have a post on my blog regarding the personal empire she has built.  I never went to her Glaminar and never would as I'm not a makeup artist.  I have simply watched her videos - mostly her early ones.  And I have to say she made me smile and no matter what her intentions were - I didn't buy anything.  I never got a gun forced to my head to purchase anything she reviewed. 

The people against her may have a legitimate gripe, although I have not seen anything bad proven yet.  I honestly don't believe she had any intentions of malice toward anyone and I would like to defend her whole heartedly, but it's not like I know her personally. 

I will not turn on her and I wish her all the best and hope she gets all these matters settled in a calm and mature manner.  She's a human being and all these people who have created anti-Kandee pages and screaming karma's a bitch or whatever colorful language they'd like to throw in there - seems very hypocritical to me. 
If these people were wronged in some way - I hope they get their money back or get the justice they deserve (if they deserve it), but try to hold themselves to a higher standard and become more civilized than bringing Kandee's family or personal welfare into the issue. 

People who are upset because they gave money to Kandee....there is a thing that - I thought - was common knowledge that once your blog became popular - you put a paypal button up to get some income from putting a lot of time into producing what your fans want.  Now if she claimed she was in the poor house or something that is a different story.  But how many requests was Kandee given to do certain looks.  You're not supposed to give like 100 bucks here and there.  More like 1 dollar or 5 bucks.  People getting mad at her for this is akin to suing McDonalds for making people fat. 

Back when Screech wanted money to save his house and was selling t-shirts, I wanted to get the t-shirt as a joke gift for a friend.  I paid 20 bucks to him over paypal and never recieved a t-shirt.  That was a case of being promised something and not recieving it.  I still didn't threaten his life or freak out over a t-shirt.  If she told these people they were donating money - that's how it goes - you donate.

do·na·tion

[doh-ney-shuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.
an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.
2.
a gift, as to a fund; contribution.


Good god - get over it.  As for the Glaminars.  From what I can tell - ppl may have legitimate complaints, but who knows.  All of these sites are so jumbled with information I can't really tell what people are so angry about.  It's really not that hard to create a real site with the bullet points of why you hate a person.  Share the hate because that is exactly what we should all be doing - that is exactly how we make the world a better place.

I enjoyed Kandee's makeup tutorials.  I don't really care about her family vids and blog unless there is a new product up there.  To which I use my brain and make a conscious decision if I like it or think it might be a scam.  I like watching old Kandee vids when I'm down, but I will take this as a lesson learned to never open up about family or my personal life because people will use it to tear you apart. 

I'll keep listing her as an inspiration to me because she has turned a bad mood into a more tolerable one with her videos.  I'm not going to turn my back on someone who made me happy - even for a little while - because of a few people who think I shouldn't.  I will continue watching her makeup vids and other youtuber's makeup videos when I need some tips or advice.  I have no interest in her as a business aside from what she made of herself.  I only hope she takes a moment to remember what she built and right all the wrongs if she has made them.  Answer the questions and if you made a mistake, Kandee, fess up and just set it right.  You'll be fine.  You're a very talented woman.  Maybe the gimmick just went a bit too far?  Who knows.  Remember that until you have haters and tabloids running lies - you aren't successful ha ha - jk.
Kandee - thank you for the smiles!

Related posts on this blog:  http://smallgoalz.blogspot.com/2010/09/personal-empires.html  and http://smallgoalz.blogspot.com/2010/09/personal-empires.html

Love & Gratitude,
Erica Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment